In The Sims FreePlay your Sims can develop hobbies. Players can check the status of their Sim's hobby in the Careers and Relationships by opening the sim tracker and clicking the little chess piece tab. Completing hobby collections will give you special items.
Tip: Try to have one Sim for every hobby so that you can send them to the competition center each day.
- Fish Bait
- Master Baiter
- Fishing Pro
- Fish Whisperer
To go fishing you must bring your Sim to the park and have them fish at the lake. Once in a while your Sim may catch a large fish that will try to eat them. When they are up in the air tap the (!) as quickly as you can. Your Sim will be released after this has been done 3 times. The more the Sims practice the higher the chances of getting a rare fish.
- Fishing Outfits for your adult Sims: Catch every fish.
- Fish-themed posters and wallpapers:Catch every fish.
- Talking wall fish:Complete Gone Fishing Event. RETIRED
Ghost Hunter Edit
- Doomsday Slayer
- Spook Seeker
- Ghost Aficionado
- Paranormal Investigator
- Peter Venksim
To go ghost hunting there need to be haunted items in your Sim's home. Haunted items can be found in the store and have an orange/red ghost at the bottom right corner. The more you have in your home, the more likely you will find rare ghosts. Click on an items and select one of the ghost hunting options. Your Sims will search items in their house, but while they are seaching the item you will not be able to use it. Once they walk off you will be able to use the item again. When it is complete, you tap the (!) over your Sims' head and a ghost will pop out. Quickly tap the ghost 3 times to capture it. You are more likely to find them if you get a lot of Sims looking for them.
- 50,000 town value booster: Capture all ghosts.
- Ghost Containment Tank: Capture all ghosts.
- Haunted House: Capture all ghosts for Halloween 2012. RETIRED
Fashion Designer Edit
- Fashion Disaster
- Fashion Faux-Pas
- The Look
- What's Hot
- Fashion God
To start this hobby you will need a Hobby Store (also known as the Promotion Store), located next to the Pet Store. Purchase a Fashion Studio and place it in your Sim's home. When they are done designing a (!) will appear over their head. When tapped, you will discover which clothing item your Sim has successfully designed. Newly discovered items reward simoleons; repeat items do not.
- Note: Your Sims cannot wear the items they design.
- Outfits for your adult Sims: Complete all designs.
- LUCKY HAT! Complete all designs.
- Limited Gardening Outfit: Complete Let's Design event. RETIRED
(Adults, Teenagers, Pre-teens)
- Stage Diver
For this hobby you will need a Swimming Center. Once your Sim is there, tap the diving board and select one of the options. When your Sim is done a '!' will appear above their head and they will complete a final dive to receive a medal.|
- Diving Boards for Pools at home. Collect all diving medals.
- Limited Edition Pool Cleaner. Complete Diving Event. RETIRED
- What Is a Hammer?
- Master Craftsman
To get your Sims Woodworking, you must visit the Community Center (previously named the Sports Center) and tap the stairs to go to the second floor. Then tap one of the woodworking benches to get started.
If you have not yet built the Community Center, you can use your neighbor's woodworking bench in their Community Center.
Once you have one Sim at the Master Woodworking level, the woodworking bench becomes available for purchase at the Promotions Store in your home town. You can purchase multiple benches and have multiple sims work on this hobby.
- Unlock Construct-O-Coins booster (250 Construct-O-Coins). Construct all 12 woodworking items. RETIRED
- Unlock Woodworking Bench. Craft all 12 woodworking items for the first time.
- Get a FREE Premium Dog Kennel. Craft all 12 woodworking items for the second time.
- Get a FREE Foosball Table. Craft all 12 woodworking items for the third time.
- 50,000 town value booster: Craft all 12 Woodworking items.
Figure Skating Edit
(Adults, Teenagers, Pre-teens)
- Rarely upright
- Skater Prestige
To figure skate you will need to use the rink in the brand new snow park or freeze your pool with the new weather machine, which you can get after you meet Orsirs in the Climate Control update.
- Unlock the Key to the Ski lift in the new Snow Park. (Available in the Climate Control Update). Collect all 12 figure skating medals. 'Unlock the Figure Skating outfit.
- Collect all 12 figure skating medals.
Teen Idol Edit
Max 1 Teen
- What's an Instrument?
- Karaoke Specialist
- Support Act
- Triple Threat
- Em-TV Award Winner
To start this hobby, you will need to purchase a keyboard from the "teen" section of the home store. Place the keyboard anywhere within a house. Practice until your Sim has collected three music notes and the next type of instrument is unlocked. Do this with each respective instrument until all music notes are collected. The instruments that are higher in price get the tasks done faster.
- Unlock a magazine photoshoot and collect three lifestyle points.
- Collect all notes.
- Unlock the buildable Sim Town Sign.
- Complete the "Road to Fame" quest and collect all necessary fame-related resources (TV Show Cameo, Radio Interview and Magazine Photoshoot).
- Unlock the Teen Idol Mansion.
- Build the Sim Town Sign at level 25+.
- Unlock new social interactions.
- Get a high level teen idol to unlock new social interactions between them and other teens. Your idol can be photographed, asked for autographs, and make other teens swoon.
- Yellow Belt
- Red Belt
- Blue belt
- Purple Belt
- Brown Belt
- Black Belt
To start this hobby you will need a Community Center. When your pre-teen is there tap the Sparring Dummy or the Karate Board to start practicing.
- Unlock karate themed wallpapers and other items.
- Become a Black Belt.
- All Left Feet
To start this hobby you will need a Community Center. Have your pre-teen come to the Community Center and practice with the Ballet Barre or Record Player.
- Unlock ballet themed wallpapers and other items.
- Become a professional.
Toddler Playhouse Edit
- Reservoir Cat
- Cat Person
- Citizen Cat
- Lasagne Ninja Cat
- Simshire Cat
This hobby requires a playhouse (not a dollhouse). You must do a quest that has a playhouse in the swim center. Each level has 3 toys to find. Once all three have been found on a given level then the playhouse will have a new action. Each action will only find toys of a particular level.
- Unlock Toddler's Home Playhouse
- Gutter Baller
- 7-10 Spit Master
- Spare Setter
- Spin King
- Punch Out Queen
- The Perfect Bowler
This hobby is only available to those who have built and completed all sections to the Sunset Mall. You must also complete the catwalking hobby to unlock the Bowling Hobby.
- Unlocks the Juice Bar.
- Become The Perfect Bowler.
Catwalk Modeling Edit
(Teenagers & Adults)
- Face Planter
- Two Right Feet
- Mover And Faker
- The Walk
- The Look
- Blue steel
This hobby is only available to those who have built the Sunset Mall, and have built Area 2- Fashion Walk.
(Teenagers, Adults, & Seniors)
- Water Burner
- Hot Mess Maker
- Ready Meal Maestro
- Home Cooking Hero
- Flavor Savior
- Hail to the Chef
To start this hobby you will need a stove or a microwave. When you find all the utensils, then you will unlock chopping boards, available in the kitchen section.