The Mysterious Island is a second town map, distinct from the first. To unlock it, players must complete the Mysterious Island Quest, then they can access it by taking the bridge beyond the four Premium lots.
There are several areas on the island that can only be built during a quest. The only exception being Northern Glade Castle which can be built to unlock a discovery quest.
- Stables - can be built during Need For Steed
- Bingo Hall - can be built at the end of Seniors quest
- High Top Carnival - requires Entertainer Life Orbs, unlocked during Life Dreams and Legacies
- Barkshire Pet Park - requires Animal Fanatic Life Orbs, unlocked during Life Dreams and Legacies
- Public Beach - requires Sporty Life Orbs, unlocked during Life Dreams and Legacies
- Ice Ape Arcade - requires Geek Life Orbs, unlocked during Life Dreams and Legacies
- Northern Glade Castle - can be built whenever, unlocks the discovery quest 'Royal Lineage'
The Mysterious Island has more resident lots including seven Premium lots and four Houseboats. Each houseboat can only be unlocked and built when each monument levels up to level 5. Two Premium lots are next to the Riches of Terra, four lots surround the Tempest of Bliss and one is next to the Volcano.
There are four element-based monuments that can be leveled up using resources that Sims find doing everyday tasks.
Some of these resources can be difficult to find, but there is no specific technique to finding certain resources besides completing as many tasks as possible.
Examples of tasks:
- Doing any hobby option
- Watching TV
The Riches of Terra Edit
Can be found near the Island bridge. X means the number of Simoleons will increase each time you level up the monument.
Description: Gives your Sims a chance to gain X bonus Simoleon generating actions, such as gardening, baking and working!
Flames of Wisdom Edit
Near the Volcano. X means the amount of experience points gained from the following below and will increase each time you level up the monument.
Description: Gives your Sims a chance to gain X bonus XP after doing XP generating actions, such as using objects, gardening, baking and working!
Tempest of Bliss Edit
Near the Bingo Hall. X means the percentage rate, so every time your Sims do an action the monument will decrease their motivation each time you level up the monument.
Description: Decreases the rate at which your Sims' motives drain by 'X'%.
Springs of Fortune Edit
Near the Flames of Wisdom. Unlocks at level 33. X means the amount of experience points and Simoleons gained.
Description: Increases the chance of getting XP and Simoleon bonuses from the 'The Riches of Terra' and 'Flames of Wisdom' by X%.